VIEW ALL OUR JOBS >
Larwood School is an SEMH Primary School, currently for up to 64 pupils, with the possibility of further growth in roll numbers. We became an academy school in Nov 2016. We are currently oversubscribed and have been judged as 'good' by Ofsted for day provision and 'outstanding' for residential provision. We are well resourced and have an excellent and committed team of staff, suitably supported and challenged by an experienced governing body.
Why choose Larwood?
We offer appropriate pay, combined with great support and excellent developmental opportunities. They can include:
- A close knit, family type atmosphere
- Permanent staff have access to the Perk Box reward scheme
- Our own staff reward scheme
- Support for your development including Masters degree and project based activities
- Excellent ICT support including laptop/I-pad
- Continuing review of staff well being and consideration of what might help in the future
- A supportive governing body
- Comprehensive induction and training program
Our vision and approach to the leadership and management of our pupils is underpinned by a philosophy that is guided by our pupils, parents, and staff. It is challenged and supported by our governing body. We also ensure that we are compliant with the various groups that we work with (For example, Hertfordshire County Council and Ofsted). Therefore:
Our pupils will:
- Be encouraged in a variety of ways to engage in all activities to promote their progress, improve their behaviour, and make the necessary changes to engage in their own education. They will achieve!
- Experience consistent boundaries and expectation with staff trained in Hertfordshire Steps. We expect them to make changes!
- Value themselves and others and be able to set themselves realistic goals, and targets. We believe that our pupils can improve and we aim to help them believe this as well!
- Develop a sense of pride in themselves, their work and being part of ‘Team Larwood.’ They know that we enjoy working with them and hope they enjoy working with us!
- Go onto become life-long learners!
- Become more resilient as young people, moving forwards to secondary schools and further/higher education.
- Have their work and achievements praised and rewarded in a variety of ways to help develop their own self esteem, alongside their social and emotional development
- Experience success! They will achieve, believe, expect and enjoy!
- Are encouraging, empathetic, well trained and love working with our pupils
- Will go the ‘extra mile’ to help pupils make the changes they need to make
- Appreciate that they are preparing pupils for jobs that don’t even exist right now!
- Promote the values of respect, responsibility, honesty, hard work, equality and appreciation of differences
- Provide pupils with the opportunity to express themselves in a safe, productive and reassuring manner
- Will promote educational development in the widest sense including intellect, creativity, and physical development
- Promote the role of the family-whatever shape or form that may take
- Provide a well resourced, safe and welcoming environment for everybody
- Use Hertfordshire Steps as a behaviour management process to enable our pupils to become able to self regulate more often and with independence
- Enable and encourage a love learning for fun!
- Model the behaviour that we expect from pupils so that they can undertake the future roles that they would like and make a meaningful contribution to their communities and society
- Liaise with parents, and other professionals to promote the very best outcomes for all of our pupils
Our school ethos encourages a range of values, to support our vision and purpose. This applies to all pupils both in day and boarding and includes:
Honesty Equality Resilience Empathy Determination Democratic Processes
Being responsible Respect for others Tolerance Respect for the law
Such values are seen in our day to day interactions (Class based and in boarding), such as assemblies, class discussions, play times, lunchtimes and via our curriculum provision.
Larwood School will help our pupils believe, achieve, expect and enjoy! We succeed where others schools cannot and for that reason, our school is a special place to learn and develop.