VIEW ALL OUR JOBS >
Welcome to The John Warner School, a popular comprehensive school in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire.
At The John Warner School we ignite a lifelong passion for learning, to discover and develop potential, allowing all to flourish in an ever-changing world.
At The John Warner School we are proud to belong to a school that has provided a first-rate education to young people in Hoddesdon since John Warner built a school for children of all classes and religious beliefs in 1841. Our school today is founded on the basis of excellent teaching and the encouragement of hard work. We are passionate about creating the best learning opportunities for our students, the best professional development for our staff and the best engagement with our community.
We are proud to belong to a school where we value:
- Aspiration. We aim high in all we do, prepare to succeed in school and in life and aim to create memories and futures together.
- Creativity. We believe that we are creative, love learning and thinking deeply and acknowledge the importance of education for education’s sake.
- Participation. We learn from each other to make a positive impact on our school, family and world, broaden our skills beyond the classroom and promote community links through charitable works.
- Respect. We create a mutually respectful atmosphere, we respect ourselves, others and our surroundings and we form positive relationships in an environment that is free from prejudice, bullying and harassment.
- Endeavour. We believe hard work leads to success, strive to achieve our targets, goals and ambitions and develop resilience to thrive in an ever-changing world.
The school benefits from a superior environment for learning. In addition to our state-of-the-art sports centre, which is one of the largest attached to any school in the country, we have benefited from £18 million worth of development which means that students now benefit from having some of the best learning resources and accommodation in the country. This means that students who attend our school benefit from a superb indoor environment as well as a landscaped external environment that provides them with opportunities for relaxation, sport and socialising. Most recently the school has opened new centres for humanities, modern foreign languages, art, technology, mathematics, English as well as a new library. Together these facilities mean we are able to offer a modern and integrated campus to support the work of the staff and learning of the students.
The John Warner School is part of the Hoddesdon School Trust which is comprised of The John Warner School, The Cranbourne Primary School & Roselands Primary School. The Trust serves over 2,300 children and employs around 270 staff. We are committed to the continuing professional development for all staff.
Benefits of working for the Trust include
- Membership to The John Warner Sports Centre
- Employee Asistance Programme
- CPD opportunities
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual flu jabs
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking
- A caring and supportive working environment.
If you would like any additional details of The John Warner School you are most welcome to look at our website www.johnwarner.herts.sch.uk , where our school prospectus can be downloaded, or alternatively contact Mrs Maria Georgiou, PA to the Headteacher (email@example.com) to arrange a visit.